In late 2019, Transport and Infrastructure Ministers asked for public consultation on proposed changes to how heavy vehicle charges are set and invested. The proposed changes are detailed in the consultation paper DOCX: 6225 KB PDF: 4750 KB .
Public consultation on the proposed changes has now closed. A summary of what we heard during the public consultation is available here DOCX: 19 KB PDF: 500 KB . All formal submissions received during the consultation period are available at Public submissions to consultation on proposed heavy vehicle road reform.
The following pre-recorded presentations are available for those who wish to learn more about the different aspects of the proposed changes. Please note some information in these presentations may no longer be up to date. To watch the presentations with narration, select ‘Slide Show’ after PowerPoint has launched and play from the beginning.
- Presentation module 1: Overview PPTX: 9175 KB
- Presentation module 2: Service level standards PPTX: 11944 KB
- Presentation module 3: Forward-looking cost base PPTX: 22717 KB
- Presentation module 4: How heavy vehicle charges are set—now and proposed PPTX: 19613 KB
- Presentation module 5: Regional, rural and remote roads PPTX: 18673 KB