The Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications (the department) holds Australian Government documents relating to its role in:
- assisting the Government promote, evaluate, plan and invest in infrastructure and foster an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe transport system; and
- implementing Government policies and programs to develop and sustain regions and local communities.
Specific issues include:
- infrastructure planning and coordination;
- transport safety, including investigations;
- land transport;
- civil aviation and airports;
- national policy on cities;
- infrastructure and project financing;
- population policy;
- maritime transport including shipping;
- major projects, including implementation of all non-Defence development projects;
- administration of the Jervis Bay Territory, the Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands, the Territory of Christmas Island, the Coral Sea Islands Territory, the Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands, and of Commonwealth responsibilities on Norfolk Island;
- constitutional development of the Northern Territory;
- constitutional development of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT);
- delivery of regional and territory specific services and programs;
- planning and land management in the ACT;
- regional development
- matters relating to local government; and
- regional policy and coordination.
Making an FOI Request
Requests for access to information or documents under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) must be made in writing (by post or email), state an address to which notices under the FOI Act can be sent and provide enough information about the documents sought to enable the department to identify them. Please provide as much information as possible about the documents you are seeking and a phone number or email address so you can be contacted, to discuss your request.
If you wish to lodge a formal request seeking access to documents under the FOI Act, or need further information about how to make a request, please contact the FOI Coordinator:
Freedom of Information Coordinator
Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
GPO Box 2154
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Tel: (02) 6274 7111
Fees and Charges
There is no fee for lodging an FOI request.
You may however, be liable for charges relating to the processing of your request in accordance with section 29 of the FOI Act. Processing charges may include searching for and retrieving relevant documents, decision making time, photocopying and other associated costs, as provided for in the FOI Act and the Freedom of Information (Charges) Regulations 2019. Payment of charges can be made to the department by credit card or cheque.
- Freedom of Information Credit Card Payment Form DOC: 835 KB
- Freedom of Information Credit Card Payment Form PDF: 829 KB
Your cheque or completed Credit Card Payment Form can be sent to FOI@infrastructure.gov.au.
The information on the Credit Card Payment Form will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will not use this information for any other purpose, and will not disclose it without your consent.
If you need further information or have any questions relating to seeking access to documents under the FOI Act or in relation to the Department's Information Publication Scheme, please contact the FOI Coordinator at FOI@infrastructure.gov.au.