On this page
ROVER Release 8A launch date
ROVER Release 8A went live on 8 November 2022.
What changed in Release 8A?
Release 8A included the following ROVER improvements, upgrades and new functions:
- Varying an approval: When you start an application to vary an approval, ROVER sends the applicant a notification email when it has been created and is ready to be used.
- Road Vehicle Descriptors (RVDs): RVDs are added via an improved form which contains tables that can be sorted and searched. You will have the ability to name subcomponents and systems (e.g. name an engine), and specify the typical Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for variants. Applicants will also be able to download a PDF of their RVD from their application in ROVER.
- Design and manufacturing facilities: Design and manufacturing facilities in an application are provided in an improved table that can be sorted. You can also edit and remove facilities from the table.
- Vehicle safety and non-compliance reporting: Users can submit vehicle safety and non-compliance reports via ROVER.
- Customisable billing details and invoices: Users with the relevant access can add a payment contact and a billing address. They can also add their own information to invoices (e.g. a purchase order number).
- Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV) batch details: A RAV icon was added to the dashboard. Here, RAV submitters can manage RAV submitter permissions, and search and export details of their RAV batches to support their business processes.
- Authorised vehicle verifier (AVV) icon: The AVV tab in ROVER was replaced with an AVV icon in the dashboard.
- Authority to act functions: Two new functions—RAV management, and reporting vehicle safety and non-compliance issues were added.
Release 8A resources
To support ROVER users with the changes introduced in Release 8A, a range of resources including guides, videos and a What's new? What's different? document is available.
What's new? What's different?
What's new? What's different? is a visual guide that provides ROVER account-holders with an overview of the changes and new functionalities introduced in Release 8A.
These guides provide practical step-by-step instructions on how to use new ROVER functions:
- ROVER guide: How to customise payment details. This guide explains how to add a payment contact, a billing address and customer payment advice.
- ROVER guide: How to download Register of Approved Vehicles entries. This guide shows how to search for, and download, details of Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV) batches. And how to see which of your vehicles have been entered on the RAV.
- ROVER guide: How to report a safety or non-compliance issue for a road vehicle component. This guide explains how to submit a report in ROVER that involves a vehicle component.
- ROVER guide: How to report a safety or non-compliance issue not involving people, a road vehicle or a road vehicle component
- How to report a vehicle safety or non-compliance issue without a ROVER account. This guide shows how to complete and submit a report if you do not have a ROVER account.
- ROVER guide: How to report companies or people for a vehicle safety or non-compliance issue. This guide shows how to submit a report about a person or organisation when signed in to ROVER.
- ROVER guide: How to report road vehicle safety or non-compliance. This guide shows how to complete and submit a report if you do not have a ROVER account.
New ROVER video
- ROVER Release 8A demonstration: Watch a guided tour of the new functions and improvements introduced with ROVER Release 8A.