On this page
ROVER Release 7 launch date
ROVER Release 7 went live on 13 July 2022.
What changed in Release 7?
ROVER Release 7 focused on improving functionality and increasing security, including:
- Multifactor authentication: Existing users must set up multifactor authentication to access their ROVER account. New users set it up when they create their account.
- Self-manage your access: Change your ROVER contact email address (ROVER sign in address remains the same) and reset your own password.
- Withdraw, amend and resubmit applications: Withdraw and delete submitted applications, or withdraw, amend and resubmit applications for assessment.
- Editing variants: Edit variants in new vehicle type approval applications and provide details for each variant individually on the road vehicle descriptor (RVD) form.
- ROVER notifications about ADRs: Relevant stakeholders (who need to take action) receive a notification from ROVER to advise of ADR changes affecting their approval.
- Application nicknames: Assign a nickname (of your choosing) to your applications, making it easier to identify each application.
- ADR extent of compliance table: Sort and search content within the table.
- Vary Model Reports: Model Reports can be varied in ROVER.
Release 7 resources
To support ROVER users with the changes introduced in Release 7, a range of resources including guides, videos are available.
- Guide to withdrawing, amending and resubmitting an application. This guide explains why an applicant who has submitted and paid for an application may want to withdraw their application, delete or amend and resubmit it.
- ROVER guide: How to withdraw, amend and resubmit or delete an application. This user guide shows you the steps to follow in ROVER to withdraw an application and to amend and resubmit it, or delete it.
- ROVER guide: For existing ROVER account holders setting up multifactor authentication to sign in. This guide shows existing ROVER account holders how to add multifactor authentication to their sign in process.
- ROVER guide: How to create a ROVER account. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to create a ROVER account.
- ROVER guide: How to change your email address. The username email address associated with your ROVER sign in does not have to be the same as your ROVER contact email address. This guide shows you how to change your ROVER sign in email address.
- ROVER guide: How to vary a Model Report. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply to vary a Model Report approval or vary the content included in a Model Report.
New ROVER how to video
- ROVER Release 7 demonstration. Watch a guided tour of the new functions and improvements introduced with ROVER Release 7.
- ROVER: How to withdraw, amend and resubmit or delete an application. In this video we show you how delete draft applications you no longer need, and how to withdraw a submitted application so that you can amend and resubmit it, or delete it from ROVER.
- ROVER: How to set up multifactor authentication for existing users video. If you created a ROVER account before 13 July 2022 and have not signed in to ROVER since then, you will need to set up multifactor authentication. Watch this video to learn how to do it.
- ROVER: How to reset your password video. In this video we show you how to reset your password in ROVER. Follow these instructions if you have forgotten your password or if you haven't changed your password in the past 365 days.
- ROVER: How to create an account video. Watch this video on how to create an account in ROVER. You will need to set up multifactor authentication as part of the process.