Our work connects, and enriches every Australian community, underpins our economy and society, and empowers our regions. We provide strategic policy advice, administer fit-for-purpose regulation and deliver programs and services in the major infrastructure, transport, communications and arts sectors, supporting our regions, cities and territories.
This work includes planning for the global digital economy, designing liveable future-facing cities and creating the transport and telecommunications systems of tomorrow. We also help empower our regional communities, promote our thriving arts sector and protect and celebrate the culture, heritage and languages of First Nations people.
Our priorities are:
- Transport connectivity – Supporting an efficient, sustainable, competitive, accessible, safe and secure transport system and jobs through infrastructure investment.
- Regional development – Improving living standards and facilitating economic growth in cities and regions, including northern Australia.
- Communications connectivity – Enabling Australians to connect to effective, safe communications services and fostering investment in communications technologies, for inclusiveness and sustainable economic growth.
- Territories – Providing governance frameworks and services to support communities in the territories.
- Creativity and culture – Supporting sustainable and inclusive creative and cultural sectors, and protecting and promoting Australian content and culture.
We offer support to our staff through our strong commitment to learning and development, fostering professional opportunities and support of our six Diversity and Inclusion networks.