Contact Us

General enquiries

The switchboard operates from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (Canberra time) and is closed on public holidays in the Australian Capital Territory.

Feedback and complaints

We welcome your feedback about the policy, programs or service provided by the department which can be submitted by writing to us via:

Email: or

Mail: Director, Governance Section
Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts
GPO Box 594

Procurement Complaints

Further information on how to submit a procurement-related complaint can be found at Procurement Complaints.

Child Safety Feedback and Complaints

The department welcomes feedback on child safety and wellbeing issues connected to the work undertaken by our department. Further information, including how to submit a child safety-related complaint, can be found at Our Commitment to Child Safety.

Vehicle imports

For enqiuries regarding the Road Vehicle Standards laws and importing a vehicle into Australia, please complete an online enquiry form.

For more information about importing a vehicle, visit our Importing a road vehicle into Australia webpage.


For information on the classification of films, computer games and publications go to the Australian Classification website.

National Relay Service

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service.

For more information about the National Relay Service and other communication options, visit Accesshub.

For help making relay calls, contact the National Relay Service Helpdesk.

Translating or interpreting services

Phone 131 450 for help with English from Translating and Interpreting Service National. You can get support for more than 120 languages and dialects at any time of the day or night.

Media enquiries

Journalists can contact our media team:

The media team are available from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday (Canberra time), except on public holidays in the Australian Capital Territory.

Freedom of Information requests

Visit the Freedom of Information page for information on how to make a Freedom of Information request.

Public interest disclosures

Visit the Public Interest Disclosures page for information on how to make a public interest disclosure.