The Aviation Green Paper, released on 7 September 2023, marks an important stage in developing the Aviation White Paper which will set the policy direction for the aviation sector out to 2050.
Through the Green Paper, the Government is seeking feedback on aviation matters, including:
- airlines, airports and passengers – competition, consumer protections and disability access settings
- regional and remote aviation services
- maximising aviation’s contribution to net zero
- airport development planning process and consultation mechanisms
- general aviation
- fit-for-purpose agencies and regulations
- emerging aviation technologies
- future industry workforce
- international aviation
The Green Paper was informed by the Scenario Analysis of the Future of Australian Aviation report undertaken for the Department by L.E.K. Consulting.
Submissions on the Green Paper will help to inform the development of the Aviation White Paper, to be released in mid-2024.
You can also register to receive updates on the progress of the Aviation White Paper by emailing email@example.com