Australian Communications and Media Authority Act 2005
- s 8(1)(e) - the ACMA has the function of managing Australia's input into the settings of international standards for telecommunications.
- s 9(1)(d) - the ACMA has the function to manage Australia's input into the setting of international standards for radiocommunications in relation to spectrum management.
Broadcasting Services Act 1992
- s 130ZZE - the ACMA must conduct a review of the captioning provisions of the BSA before 31 December 2016.
- Sch 5 Cl 94(b) - the ACMA must advise and assist parents and responsible adults in relation to the supervision and control of children's access to internet content.
Radiocommunications Act 1992
- s 60(14) - before determining spectrum licence allocation, the ACMA must consult the ACCC to determine whether the ACMA should give specified information to the ACCC.
- s 106 - before determining a price-based allocation for transmitter licences, the ACMA must consult the ACCC.
Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act
- s 61 - the ACMA must consult the Secretary before setting off the whole or part of an amount of levy payable against an amount payable by the Commonwealth under or as a s 14 grant, under this Act.
- ss 129, 130, 131 - the ACMA must consult the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (‘TIO’) before exempting a carrier or Communications Service Provider (‘CSP’) from the scheme or directing a CSP to join the TIO scheme or making a determination on a certain class of CSPs that must join the scheme.
- s 147(9) - before making an emergency call determination, the ACMA must consult carriers, CSPs, recognised persons who operate an emergency call services, emergency service organisations and consumers of standard telephone services (‘STS’) and the Secretary.
Telecommunications Act 1997
Service provider conduct
- s 99 - before making a service provider determination, the ACMA must consult the ACCC.
Codes and standards
- s 118 - the ACMA must consult the Information Commissioner before making a request for the development of an Industry Code if the code could deal directly or indirectly with privacy.
- s 133 - the ACMA must consult with the ACCC and TIO before determining or varying an industry standard.
- s 134 - the ACMA must consult with the Information Commissioner before determining, varying or revoking a relevant industry standard that relates to privacy.
- s 135 - the ACMA must consult with at least one consumer body before determining, varying or revoking an industry standard.
- s 135A - the ACMA must consult with each State and Territory before determining or varying a telemarketing or fax marketing industry standard.
Protection of communications
- s 295M - before making the Integrated Public Number Database (‘IPND’) scheme, the ACMA must consult on privacy matters with the Information Commissioner and the Secretary of the Department that administers the Privacy Act. The ACMA may consult any other persons it considers appropriate.
- s 349 - the ACMA must consult with the ACCC before making a determination on pre-selection in favour of carriage service providers (CSPs).
- s 352 - the ACMA must consult with the ACCC before exempting a carrier or CSP from pre-selection requirements and use of override codes.
- s 461 - the ACMA must consult the ACCC before making or varying the numbering plan for carriage services.
- s 467 - the ACMA must consult the ACCC before giving a direction to its chosen delegate for powers conferred by the numbering plan.
Broadcasting Services Act 1992
- Sch 5 Cl 94(c) - the ACMA must conduct and/or coordinate community education programs about internet content and internet carriage services in consultation with relevant industry and consumer groups and government agencies.