The Department is committed to keeping the Jervis Bay Territory (JBT) community informed as the Australian Government continues to work with you in our response to COVID-19.
The JBT is a Commonwealth-administered territory, and is not part of New South Wales (NSW) or the Australian Capital Territory.
There are currently no COVID-19 Public Health Directions in place in the JBT.
COVID-19 is still present in the community, People who are sick and particularly anyone with confirmed COVID-19 are still strongly encouraged to stay home while they are symptomatic and avoid high-risk settings like healthcare unless requiring urgent medical treatment.
We encourage everyone to take precautions to protect others and stop the spread of COVID-19. Ensure your vaccinations are up to date. Continue maintaining a safe distance from others, practise good hand hygiene, wear a mask in public places, cover your coughs and sneezes, stay home if sick and get tested if you develop symptoms.
Be mindful that schools, work places, health facilities and businesses may have their own COVID-19 controls and measures in place.
Please also be aware that future outbreaks are possible and you are encouraged to keep yourself informed.
Current JBT Public Health Instruments
Previous JBT Public Health Instruments
- Public Health (Jervis Bay Territory) Emergency Direction (No. 3) 14 October 2022 PDF: 14995
- Public Health (Jervis Bay Territory) Emergency Declaration Further Extension (No. 3) PDF: 1831 KB
- Public Health (Jervis Bay Territory) Emergency Declaration Further Extension (No. 2) 2022 PDF: 59 KB
- Public Health (Jervis Bay Territory) Emergency Direction (No. 2) 2022, 14 June 2022 PDF: 1450 KB
- Public Health (Jervis Bay Territory) Emergency Declaration Further Extension (No. 1) 2022 PDF: 54 KB
For Ministerial and Departmental announcements, please visit our Community Bulletins page.
JBT Pandemic Response Plan:
The Department has developed a Jervis Bay Territory Pandemic Response Plan as a Sub Plan of the JBT Emergency Management Plan.
- Jervis Bay Territory Pandemic Response Plan PDF: 1711 KB
- Jervis Bay Territory Escalation Matrix PDF: 318 KB