Perth City Deal
The Australian and Western Australian Governments, together with the City of Perth have committed to capitalise on Perth's natural, historical and cultural strengths through a City Deal which positions Perth's CBD for the future. The City Deal will support Perth's short term recovery by creating jobs and supporting private investment in the CBD, particularly in areas that will support future economic growth. The Deal will support Perth's long term prosperity enabling an energised and vibrant city centre that attracts residents and visitors and demonstrates the best in inner-city living, while building a strong community that is inclusive, safe, sustainable and liveable.
The Perth City Deal will deliver:
- A new Edith Cowan University Cultural and Creative Industries Education CBD Campus which will bring together programs in technology, industry and creativity, including the WA Academy of Performing Arts, the school of Business and Law and an advanced technology and cyber security centre.
- The Murdoch University's Vertical Inner City Campus focusing on digital innovation in delivering business, law and information technology disciplines, including an industry partnership with CISCO and an e-sports academy.
- Investment in the Curtin University's Historical Heart Cluster, including the expansion of the Graduate School of Business and Law School and the creation of a healthcare and clinical training facility.
- Investment in Perth's cultural attractions, including the Perth Cultural Centre rejuvenation, the Perth Concert Hall Redevelopment and the WACA redevelopment and public swimming pool. These investments will create vibrant, safe and attractive offerings delivering improved liveability, cultural and tourism outcomes for the city.
- Investment towards the celebration of the States rich Aboriginal culture and history through investment in important community consultation and engagement, feasibility studies and preliminary design work for the Perth Aboriginal Cultural Centre.
- The CBD Transport Plan, an investment to improve active and public transport accessibility and safety in the CBD, increasing the attractiveness and sustainability of the city for residents and visitors.
Perth City Deal announced
20 September 2020
Annual Progress Report
End of 10 years of Perth City Deal