The Department processes all applications for new licences or to vary existing licences through the online Coastal Trading Licensing System.
- How to register for the Coastal Trading Licensing System PDF: 600 KB
- How to retrieve passwords and add new contacts for the Coastal Trading Licensing System PDF: 751 KB
If you are unable to access the online Coastal Trading Licencing System or require a manual application form for licences, voyage reporting or voyage notifications, please contact the Shipping Business Unit on 02 6274 7474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are required to familiarise themselves with the Coastal Trading (Revitalising Australian Shipping) Act 2012 and the Coastal Trading (Revitalising Australian Shipping) Regulations 2012 to ensure compliance. ComLaw has the most complete and up-to-date collection of Commonwealth legislation and includes notices from the Commonwealth Government Notices Gazette.
Shipping Business Unit Industry Bulletins
Reporting for General Licences
Reporting for Temporary Licences
- Temporary Licences Granted
- Temporary Licence Variation Reports
- Temporary Licence Voyage Reports
- Temporary Licence Applications and Variations Refused
- Temporary Licence Applications and Variations Received (redacted applications)
Reporting for Emergency Licences
- Emergency Licence Applications Granted
- Emergency Licence Voyage Reports