The Australian Government has joined with the Canadian, Japanese, United Kingdom and United States governments to establish a Global Coalition on Telecommunications (GCOT).
Agreement was reached to establish the officials-level forum in October 2023. It has been set up to allow member countries to share information, insights and expertise on policy associated with essential technology and communications.
By working together, this international community can help bolster communication supply chains, allow for easier exchange and use of information technology and help the development of future telecommunications technologies such as 6G.
Topics GCOT is expected to focus on include:
- Telecommunications Supply Chain Diversification
- 6G and Future Telecommunications
- Telecommunications Security and Resilience
- Telecommunications Skills
- Coordinated approaches to Telecommunications Standards Development
You can read the GCOT: joint statement of intent to find out more.