The Road Vehicle Standards Act 2018 and related legislation received Royal Assent on 10 December 2018. The Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation includes a framework for the voluntary and compulsory recall of road vehicles and approved road vehicle components.
The RVS legislation commenced in full on 1 July 2021.
Please visit the Road Vehicle Standards legislation implementation page for further information.
Please refer back to this page for updated information on the recall provisions under the RVS legislation.
On this page:
Road Vehicles Recalls Working Group
The department established the Road Vehicle Recalls Working Group to:
- Enable suppliers to raise issues and experiences of common interest to recalls, and
- Facilitate industry-departmental consultation and engagement in relation to the implementation and administration of the recall provisions under the RVS legislation by the department
The department publishes key Recalls Working Group documentation to this page. This includes agendas, meeting papers and records of outcomes. See Consultation papers below.
Brisbane, 4 July 2019
- Presentation: Vehicle Recalls website, Recall Notification form, Social Media PDF: 1374 KB
- Attachment A – Vehicle Recalls website mock-ups
- Homepage JPG: 2447 KB
- Supplier page JPG: 2089 KB
- Recall Notice example JPG: 1925 KB
Meeting #3, 27 March 2019
- Agenda #3 PDF: 212 KB
- Discussion paper #3 PDF: 899 KB
- Attachment A—EU Injury Severity Raiting Table PDF: 2006 KB
- Supplementary Material—RVS Rules PDF: 567 KB
- Outcomes of Meeting #3 PDF: 437 KB
Meeting #2, 21 November 2018
- Agenda #2 PDF: 209 KB
- Discussion paper #2 PDF: 782 KB
- Supplementary Material—Revision to reporting of voluntary recalls PDF: 869 KB
- Supplementary Material—Notifying Infrastructure under the RVS legislation PDF: 329 KB
- Outcomes of Meeting #2 PDF: 592 KB
Meeting #1, 10 August 2018
- Agenda #1 PDF: 280 KB
- Discussion paper #1 PDF: 909 KB
- Attachment A—FCAI Recall Code Feb 2017 PDF: 363 KB
- Attachment B—TIC Recall Code Sept 2012 PDF: 378 KB
- Outcomes of Meeting #1 PDF: 329 KB