The Administrator of Norfolk Island is appointed by the Governor-General of Australia.
The Administrator represents the Australian Government on Norfolk Island.
The Administrator is responsible for assisting the implementation of the Australian Government's agenda on Norfolk Island and for engaging with, and advocating on behalf of, the Norfolk Island community. The role also has a range of statutory powers and functions relating to the delivery of government services on the Island.
The Australian Government announced the appointment of Mr George Plant as Administrator of Norfolk Island on 11 May 2023, following a merit selection and appointment process. Mr Plant was sworn in as Administrator by the Governor General on 26 May 2023, for a three-year term commencing from 1 June 2023.
Norfolk Island's historic Government House—built in 1829 and handsomely restored—is generally not open to the public. However, on a number of occasions each year, its formal rooms are open for the afternoon—1.00 pm to 3.30 pm—for public inspection.
This is to allow opportunities for people to visit and gain an appreciation of Government House's place in the rich history of Norfolk Island as well as to raise funds for Norfolk Island's volunteer charity and service organisations.
The Government House Open Day program is subject to the possibility that scheduled Open Days may be cancelled or changed at short notice because of operational requirements or bad weather such as when it is wet or windy.
- November Issue 16 (PDF: 1MB)
- September Issue 15 (PDF: 2578 KB)
- July Issue 14 (PDF: 349 KB)
- May Issue 13 (PDF: 943 KB)
- February Issue 12 (PDF: 508 KB)
- November Issue 11 (PDF: 232 KB)
- October Issue 10 (PDF: 436 KB)
- September Issue 9 (PDF: 489 KB)
- July Issue 8 (PDF: 921 KB)
- June Issue 7 (PDF: 434 KB)
- April Issue 6 (PDF: 918 KB)
- April Issue 5 (PDF: 467 KB)
- February Issue 4 (PDF: 867 KB)
- January Issue 3 (PDF: 782 KB)
Media releases from the Administrator can be found here: https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/territories-regions-cities/territories/norfolk-island/media-releases