Planned ROVER server upgrade
ROVER will be unavailable from 12am AEST Friday 24 September until 8.30am AEST Monday 27 September 2021 due to a planned server upgrade. We apologise for any inconvenience.
ROVER integrates all applications and approvals under the new Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation.
This page includes links to useful information and how-to videos to help you create an account in ROVER and apply for an approval.
- Access the ROVER portal
- Creating a user account in ROVER
- How to sign in to ROVER
- ROVER identity verification checklist
- How to update your ROVER or Vehicle Import System (VIS) account password
- Authority to act in ROVER
- How to update your ROVER profile
- Guide to using ROVER to apply for an approval
- How to upload a VIN list to ROVER PDF: 249 KB
- How to apply to opt-in to a vehicle type approval video
- Applying to be an AVV approval holder
- How to complete compliance information forms in ROVER PDF: 1473 KB
- How to demonstrate compliance with a relevant UN approval video
- How to add design and manufacturing facilities for a type approval video
- How to apply for an Interim SEVs vehicle through ROVER, September 2021 PDF: 920 KB
- Varying approvals guide for industry PDF: 848 KB
- Refuse to consider powers—a guide for industry PDF: 818 KB
- How to transfer a vehicle from the Interim SEVs List to the RVSA SEVs Register PDF: 1462 KB
- How to demonstrate compliance for ADR04 – Seatbelts video
- How to demonstrate compliance for ADR 29/00 – Side Door Strength video
- How to demonstrate compliance for ADR 29/00 using a component type approval video
- How to add design and manufacturing control information for a type approval video
- Multiple CTAs as evidence XLSX: 17 KB
Note: If you are using multiple different approved components for one ADR, you can use this template to upload additional information as a .pdf or .jpg document with the list of components that may be used. The template can be completed, or used as a guide to the information we expect in the upload. Please ensure the full component type approval number is entered including the separator (eg. CTA-060038).
- VINs under recall, September 2021 XLSM: 20 KB
Note: Use this template if all affected vehicles have a standard 17 character VIN. Once you have added the VINs of vehicles under recall into this template, select the 'Save as CSV' button, then upload the .csv file to ROVER.
- Unique identification numbers under recall, September 2021 XLSM: 17 KB
Note: Use this template for components or vehicles that do not have a 17 character VIN. Once you have added the unique identifying numbers under recall into this template, select the 'Save as CSV' button, then upload the .csv file to ROVER.
- Recall progress reporting, September 2021 XLSM: 22 KB
Note: This template can be used after the new functionality is released on ROVER on 11 October. Use this template to upload progress reporting for multiple recalls. Once you have added the required information into this template, select the ‘Save as CSV’ button, then upload the .csv file to ROVER.
- ADR 38/05 calculations template XLSX: 34 KB
Contact ROVER support
If you experience any issues with creating an account or signing in to ROVER, please email ROVERinfo@infrastructure.gov.au for assistance.