ROVER integrates all applications and approvals under the new Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation.
This page includes links to useful information and how-to videos to help you create an account in ROVER and apply for an approval.
- Access the ROVER portal
- Creating a user account in ROVER
- How to sign in to ROVER
- ROVER identity verification checklist
- How to update your ROVER or Vehicle Import System (VIS) account password
- Authority to act in ROVER
- User guide to authority to act in ROVER
- How to update your ROVER profile
- Guide to using ROVER to apply for an approval
- RVS decision-making timeframes—PDF: 173 KB
- How to upload a VIN list to ROVER
- Applying to be an AVV approval holder
- How to complete compliance information forms in ROVER
- Refuse to consider powers—a guide for industry
- How to transfer a vehicle from the Interim SEVs List to the RVSA SEVs Register—PDF: 1462 KB
- How to download an advisory notice in ROVER
- How to upload multiple recall reports in ROVER using the bulk report template
- How to apply to become a RAW in ROVER
- Tips on how to complete your vehicle or component type approval application
- RAV tips: Submitting second stage of manufacture vehicles to the RAV—PDF: 218 KB
How to videos
- How to demonstrate compliance with a relevant UN approval video
- How to add design and manufacturing facilities for a type approval video
- How to demonstrate compliance for ADR04—Seatbelts video
- How to demonstrate compliance for ADR 29/00—Side Door Strength video
- How to demonstrate compliance for ADR 29/00 using a component type approval video
- How to add design and manufacturing control information for a type approval video
- How to start a vehicle type approval application video
- How to add extent of compliance information for a type approval video
- How to complete a vehicle type approval application for a low ATM trailer video
- Multiple CTAs as evidence—XLSX: 17 KB
Note: If you are using multiple different approved components for one ADR, you can use this template to upload additional information as a .pdf or .jpg document with the list of components that may be used. The template can be completed, or used as a guide to the information we expect in the upload. Please ensure the full component type approval number is entered including the separator (eg. CTA-060038).
- VINs under recall, September 2021—XLSM: 20 KB
Note: Use this template if all affected vehicles have a standard 17 character VIN. Once you have added the VINs of vehicles under recall into this template, select the 'Save as CSV' button, then upload the .csv file to ROVER.
- Unique identification numbers under recall, September 2021–XLSM: 17 KB
Note: Use this template for components or vehicles that do not have a 17 character VIN. Once you have added the unique identifying numbers under recall into this template, select the 'Save as CSV' button, then upload the .csv file to ROVER.
- Recall progress reporting, September 2021—XLSM: 22 KB
Note: Use this template to upload progress reporting for multiple recalls. Once you have added the required information into this template, select the 'Save as CSV' button, then upload the .csv file to ROVER.
- Bulk RAV amendment template PDF: 4 KB
Note: use this template where an error is in any of the vehicle identification numbers, the approval number or the entry pathway sub-category.
- Bulk RAV amendment template non key update PDF: 4 KB
Note: use this template where an error is in any of the other fields. For example an incorrect tare has been entered.
Contact ROVER support
If you experience any issues with ROVER, please complete an enquiry form.