Thank you for your interest in working with us. If successful in your application, we look forward to welcoming you into our department.
We seek people with a wide range of skills and competencies, and look for applicants who demonstrate they will strive to support our values and the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct.
Employment with us is subject to the following conditions:
- Citizenship: to be eligible for employment with us, applicants must be an Australian citizen. Only in exceptional circumstances will we consider waiving this requirement.
- Health assessment: you may be required to complete a health declaration and undergo a medical examination conducted by our preferred medical provider.
- Security clearance: you must be able to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level or higher depending on the role. You must be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and you must have lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the preceding 5 years for Baseline vetting clearances. More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
Some positions may impose further conditions of engagement.
Special provisions apply to excluding persons who have accepted a voluntary redundancy from the APS. If you have accepted a voluntary redundancy from the APS please visit the Australian Public Service Commission website to confirm your exclusion period.
Before you apply
Before you apply, please take care to carefully read the job description and selection documentation. If, after reading the documentation, you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and you would be a good fit for the role, we encourage you to apply.
If you are unsure about any aspects of the role or the department, we encourage you to speak with the contact person for more details.
Preparing your application
Your application should address the selection criteria and be within the page limit outlined in the ‘How to apply’ section of the advertisement. A selection decision may be based solely on your written application and referee reports, and it is the quality, rather than the quantity that is the most critical factor.
You are encouraged to address the selection criteria by giving key examples and/or achievements and attach a brief statement of your employment history in the form of a CV or resume.
When responding to the selection criteria, you should create a separate Microsoft Word document or PDF file to be uploaded into the application portal. As criteria may vary between positions, you should carefully read the ‘How to apply’ instructions on each advertisement.
Submitting your application
Lodgement of applications is done online through our myRecruitment system.
Where electronic lodgement is not possible, please contact our Recruitment Team on 02 6274 6161 or email to discuss other options for submitting your application.
The following information must be submitted as part of your application:
- your claims against the selection criteria
- a short resume of your education and employment history
Applications must arrive before the closing date/time as selection committees are not obliged to accept late applications. Applications submitted via myRecruitment will receive a confirmation.