The Australian Government, Queensland Government and the Council of Mayors (SEQ) have released the South East Queensland City Deal Implementation Plan. The Deal is a trilateral partnership that will deliver $1.8 billion worth of projects to support one of the fastest growing regions in the country.
The Implementation Plan sets out how the commitments under the Deal will accelerate the generation of thousands of local jobs, boost digital and transport connectivity, enhance liveability and create thriving communities.
The Deal will help support one of Australia’s fastest growing regions and complement investment in the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Key projects in the Deal include:
- The $285.8 million SEQ Liveability Fund to deliver projects that support liveable and healthy communities
- The $150 million Innovation Economy Fund to invest in capital projects that promote and grow the region’s innovation economy
- The $450 million Woolloongabba Brisbane Metro Station, to deliver enhanced public transport connectivity
- $105 million for resource recovery infrastructure to progress the region to a circular economy
- $70 million for telecommunications infrastructure and improved digital connectivity
- $40 million for the Resilient Rivers Initiative; improving the health of the region’s waterways and rivers
- $45 million for infrastructure in the Loganlea-Meadowbrook Precinct.
Find out more: