Approved registered automotive workshops (RAWs) can manufacture or modify vehicles in accordance with an approved Model Report.
Under the Road Vehicle Standards legislation, some vehicles can’t be entered on the Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV) through the concessional RAV entry approval pathway until:
- they have been modified or manufactured by a RAW approval holder in accordance with an approved Model Report, and
- verified by an authorised vehicle verifier (AVV) approval holder.
This guide explains:
- how to apply to become a RAW
- the vehicles a RAW can manufacture or modify, and
- a RAW approval holder’s responsibilities.
It also lists the Model Report instructions RAW approval holders must follow, including specific steps and checks, depending on the type of vehicle and the complexity of the manufacture or modification work.