Our annual report is now available.
Our 2022–23 Annual Report showcases how we delivered across one of the most diverse portfolios in the Australian Public Service.
The department touches the lives of every Australian, each day – connecting people, enriching communities and empowering our regions.
We worked with 7 ministers, 29 portfolio agencies and key industry stakeholders to support the Australian Government’s reform and recovery agenda.
Some key achievements highlighted in the 2022-23 Annual Report include:
- More than $9 billion spent on infrastructure investments across Australia for land transport and infrastructure projects.
- The Growing Regions Program contributed to community infrastructure to improve liveability in regional Australia
- Jet zero program launched to reduce emissions in the aviation industry
- Major consultation and review undertaken of Disability Transport Standards
- Grants equalling $200 million awarded to improve mobile and broadband connectivity in rural and regional Australia
- Facilitated the return of 49 ancestors, working closely with First Nations communities (including assisting 7 communities with overseas travel to receive their ancestors from overseas institutions).
To find out more, visit the annual reports page.