- Delivering programs supporting the response to COVID-19 across the aviation sector and provision of policy advice on the recovery.
- Providing policy and regulatory advice on matters relating to the 21 operational federally leased airports across Australia including in regional and remote locations.
- Administering programs such as the Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program, which are enhancing the safety and accessibility of airports and aerodromes in regional and remote areas.
- Administering the COVID-19 Regional Airline Network Support (RANS) Program, which is supporting the continued operation of flights to more than 110 regional and remote locations across Australia.
- Administering legislation and regulations relating to the management of aircraft noise and airspace protection.
- Providing policy advice on aviation safety, air traffic management and airspace issues, and measures to minimise the aviation industry's impact on the environment.
- Coordinating the whole of government approach to emerging aviation technologies, including drones.
- Delivery of the airspace design for the new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) airport.
If you"d like to see more opportunities, visit our Aviation section.