International and domestic aviation connects Australians with each other and with the rest of the world. Aviation is central to our economy and the work you undertake will help to foster a viable, competitive and safe aviation industry.
- Delivering programs supporting the response to COVID-19 across the aviation sector and provision of policy advice on the recovery.
- Providing policy and regulatory advice on the 21 operational federally leased airports across Australia including in regional and remote locations.
- Administering programs such as the Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program, which are enhancing the safety and accessibility of airports and aerodromes in regional and remote areas.
- Managing the COVID-19 Regional Airline Network Support (RANS) Program, which is supporting the continued operation of flights to more than 110 regional and remote locations across Australia.
- Administering legislation and regulations for the management of aircraft noise and airspace protection.
- Providing policy advice on aviation safety, air traffic management and airspace issues, and measures to minimise the aviation industry's impact on the environment.
- Coordinating the whole of government approach to emerging aviation technologies, including drones.
- Delivery of the airspace design for the new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) airport.
If you'd like to find out more about this portfolio area, visit our Aviation section.
Explore career opportunities
Find out more about the work we do and what might interest you by clicking on the below links.