We support inclusiveness and growth in Australia’s creative sector and promote Australian content and culture. Work with us to encourage excellence in the arts and protect Australia’s cultural heritage through the delivery of strategic advice and policy development.
- Policy development and programs for the arts sector to protect and promote our cultural heritage and ensure all Australians benefit from a vibrant arts sector and diverse cultural experiences.
- Supporting our arts and cultural sector through COVID-19 and working with state, territory and international stakeholders on shared creative outcomes.
- Overseeing our 12 arts portfolio agencies and national collecting institutions and 7 national elite performing arts training organisations.
- Delivering programs to support regional arts, Indigenous arts and languages, literature and music.
- Managing the annual Prime Minister’s Literary Awards.
- Coordinating the repatriation of Indigenous ancestral remains and cultural material.
If you'd like to find out more about this portfolio area, visit our Arts section.
Explore career opportunities
Find out more about the work we do and what might interest you by clicking on the below links.