Sponsored by the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities
About the Sponsor
The Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities contributes to the wellbeing of all Australians through planning and investing in infrastructure, and fostering safe and efficient transport systems. The Department also supports a strong and liveable Australia by facilitating local partnerships between all levels of government and local communities.
The department helps manage the Government's significant investments in infrastructure, with the aim of improving national and local productivity and increasing the economic, social and sustainable well-being of Australian communities. Infrastructure investment and planning is essential for managing growth and enhancing productivity and relies on effective collaboration with all levels of government, communities and industry.
Boosting Productivity through Infrastructure Award
As Australia's population and economy grows, the increase in demand for improved infrastructure solutions and access to expanding transport systems in both our urban and regional centres will only intensify. These will also pose challenges to Australia's social and economic make up. To support these changes, we need to ensure Australia's infrastructure and transport systems are a positive force in driving our economy into the future.
The Boosting Productivity through Infrastructure Award recognises forward thinking local governments that are contributing to the Australian Government's plan to invest in more modern infrastructure to boost productivity.
For example for this award you could enter projects which demonstrate:
- building capacity and diversity of regional economies including through facilitating local partnerships between all levels of government and local communities
- consideration of opportunities to enhance infrastructure service delivery through the use, of technological solutions and/or regulatory changes
- consideration of innovative delivery options which support greater efficiency in public infrastructure provision
- an understanding of sustainability, liveability and productivity in investment strategies and planning
- clear economic productivity benefits which are addressed by identified long-term infrastructure priorities to strengthen and diversify the regional economic base.