Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia is a quarterly bulletin presenting recent data on fatal road crashes involving heavy vehicles as well as historical comparisons. It is produced using data supplied by the eight states and territories.
During the 12 months to the end of June 2008, 279 people died from 245 crashes involving heavy trucks or buses. These included:
- 168 deaths from 144 crashes involving articulated trucks
- 95 deaths from 87 crashes involving heavy rigid trucks
- 24 deaths from 22 crashes involving buses.
- Fatal crashes involving articulated trucks:
- increased by 5.9 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- increased by an average of 3.3 per cent per year over the three years to June 2008.
- Fatal crashes involving heavy rigid trucks:
- increased by 24.3 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- decreased by an average of 0.6 per cent per year over the three years to June 2008
Download Complete Document: fhvca_q22008 [PDF: 229 KB]
Type: Statistical Data Series
Topics: Crash data, Fatality, Heavy vehicle
Publication Date: 13/02/09