Following the success of the School Student Broadband Initiative (SSBI), it’s now been extended for another 2 years.
To boost education opportunities and narrow the digital divide, the Australian Government is providing up to 30,000 eligible families with no internet at home a free National Broadband Network (NBN) service. Originally a 12-month commitment, the initiative has been extended meaning:
- The period in which a family can nominate to receive a free service is up to 31 December 2024.
- The duration of free services will continue until 31 December 2025 for all existing and new families.
NBN Co is leading the implementation of the initiative.
To be eligible, a family must:
- have a child living at home and enrolled in an Australian school
- be referred by a nominating organisation or apply and be assessed through the National Referral Centre
- have no active broadband service over the NBN network in the previous 14 days
- live in a premises where they can access a standard NBN service.
For more information: