The Facing North Forum at Parliament House on Wednesday 2 August saw Northern Territory businesses and government come together to showcase the various industries and talents of the NT to Canberra and all of Australia.
Organised by the Darwin Major Business Group and the Northern Territory Government, visiting delegates brought the best of the NT to Canberra, as a reminder to ‘face north’.
The annual forum returned after a three-year break due to the COVID pandemic and was attended by all levels of government, as well as economic influencers from NT businesses and industries.
The event, the fourth staged since 2017, involved a full day of facilitated panel discussions and presentations highlighting the Territory’s strategic, economic, commercial and cultural capacity.
The forum demonstrated how Territory businesses, industry and the NT Government work together to accelerate the development of the Territory.
The forum was followed by a formal reception and exhibition in the Great Hall, which provided Territory businesses the opportunity to network and showcase their organisation to interstate corporate, government and industry influencers.
The forum was also an opportunity to discuss key projects and initiatives for Northern Australia including:
- The refresh of the 2015 White Paper on Developing Northern Australia
- The NT’s mineral reserves and renewable energy sources helping Australia to develop our future net-zero economy
- The opportunity for the Northern Australia Infracturcutre Facility to continue to economic opportunity in the north with $7 billion in finance
- $1.5 billion investment in supporting industries of the future at Darwin’s Middle Arm Sustainable Development Precinct
- $440 million in support to upgrade Regional Logistics Hubs and the NT rail network
Find out more
- Read the Minister’s media release