Eligibility for Drought Communities Programme Extension
- The Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development has rerun the data for the Drought Communities Programme Extension, which confirms the 13 Local Government Areas announced on Friday 27 September are eligible – including the Moyne Shire in Victoria.
- We are committed to ensuring this programme continues to deliver support to those communities most in need, with a large number of Councils to date welcoming the economic stimulus funding. We also understand the importance of local knowledge in determining areas most in need of drought support and will continue to engage with those communities.
Background on eligibility
- We draw upon multiple factors to determine eligibility including Bureau of Meteorology rainfall data as well as other economic and industry data such as the workforce employed in agriculture, forestry or fisheries.
- The rainfall data captures a point in time and the most recent assessment considered conditions for the 24 months leading up to 30 June 2019.
- Local Government Areas must meet all criteria in order to be eligible under the DCP.
- We have been using the same methodology with successful outcomes for previous rounds of the Drought Communities Programme Extension (since August 2018).