Summary of investigation report.
A summary of the report by the Department into the context and decisions regarding the appearance of Mr Zaky Mallah on the ABC’s Q&A program on 22 June 2015 has been released.
On 25 June 2015, the Minister asked the Department to undertake an urgent investigation to examine:
- The context in which Mr Mallah appeared on Q&A, including his previous engagement with the ABC.
- The decision-making process for Mr Mallah's appearance.
- The protocols that were used in regard to physical security for the live broadcast.
- The decision-making process for the subsequent re-broadcast of the Q&A episode.
- The extent to which existing broadcasting codes apply to this situation.