- Delivering policy advice, infrastructure, state-type services and the legal framework to the communities of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
- Identifying and researching key issues relating to Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, and developing policy options and recommendations.
- Investigating new opportunities in a range of different fields, including tourism, export of fresh produce, research and education, and internet-based businesses, and measures to support these activities.
- Completing a Strategic Assessment of Christmas Island under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, developing strategies to manage the disposal of Crown land, and developing options to ensure the continued efficient delivery of services.
- Undertaking key strategic infrastructure policy work for Norfolk Island to support economic development. Identifying where infrastructure and related services need improvement, maintenance or replacement to improve the Island's ports, flights, tourism industry and biodiversity.
- Developing a new strategic plan for Norfolk Island.
If you"d like to see more opportunities, visit our Territories section.