From the Nation’s capital to Norfolk Island, we administer a number of Australian territories. Your work will help shape key strategic economic, environmental and governance decisions and policies.
- Delivering policy advice, infrastructure, state-type services and the legal framework to the communities of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
- Identifying and researching key issues for Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, and developing policy advice.
- Investigating new opportunities in a range of different fields, including tourism, export of fresh produce, research and education, and internet-based businesses, and measures to support these activities.
- Completing a Strategic Assessment of Christmas Island under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, developing strategies to manage the disposal of Crown land, and developing options to ensure the continued efficient delivery of services.
- Undertaking strategic policy work for Norfolk Island to support economic development. Identifying where infrastructure and services need improvement, maintenance or replacement to improve the Island's ports, flights, tourism industry and biodiversity.
- Developing a new strategic plan for Norfolk Island.
If you'd like to find out more about this portfolio area, visit our Territories section.
Explore career opportunities
Find out more about the work we do and what might interest you by clicking on the below links.