We offer rewarding and meaningful careers that connect and enrich Australian communities, underpin our economy and society, and empower our regions.
- Current vacancies
- About us
- How to apply
- How we recruit
- Graduate Development Program
- Entry Level Programs
- Diversity initiatives and employment programs
- Employment benefits
We provide strategic policy advice, fit-for-purpose regulation, and deliver programs, projects and services in the major infrastructure, transport, communications and arts sectors, supporting our regions, cities and territories.
We seek people with a wide range of skills and competencies. Whether you write policy, deliver programs, projects or corporate services, or have experience in research, data or technology, we look for employees who are innovative, respectful and professional.
We want our staff to thrive in their work and personal lives and offer careers to empower, engage and support you. We provide a range of flexible working arrangements and attractive employment conditions. We’re committed to creating a fulfilling, flexible and supportive workplace that enables you to achieve your personal and professional goals.
We strive for a workplace that is diverse and inclusive with the aim of ensuring our workforce reflects, respects and benefits from diverse communities including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, carers, LGBTQI+ and people with disability.
Our values outline the characteristics, behaviours and professional capabilities we seek in our workforce:
- Collaborative – we work together and with others across the system, to achieve our objectives and deliver for the Australian community.
- Respectful – we create diverse teams and a respectful and inclusive culture that supports high performance, innovation and the wellbeing of all people across the department.
- Informed – we have the expertise, knowledge and skills that we need to succeed, and we have good communication practices.
- Adaptive – we are constantly learning and adapting to improve what we do and we have corporate systems in place to support staff in a rapidly changing world.
- Accountable – we are rewarded and trusted to deliver, we are held accountable for the results and delivering with integrity, and we celebrate our success.
Why work with us?
Our staff have the opportunity to work on high profile and diverse national projects that have a meaningful impact on the lives of all Australians including:
- Regional development – Improving living standards and facilitating economic growth in cities and regions, including northern Australia.
- Transport connectivity – Supporting an efficient, sustainable, safe and accessible transport system and jobs through infrastructure investment.
- Communications connectivity – Enabling Australians to connect to effective, safe communications services and fostering investment in communication technologies, for inclusiveness and sustainable economic growth.
- Territories – Providing governance frameworks and services to support communities in the territories.
- Creativity and culture – Supporting sustainable and inclusive creative and cultural sectors, and protecting and promoting Australian content and culture.
- Water infrastructure – Supporting regional growth and resilience through building water infrastructure that improves water availability, connectivity, reliability and security for agricultural and other primary industry users.
View our Current vacancies to apply for employment opportunities.
Our How to apply page will provide you with information and advice on how to apply for positions with us.
We strongly support workplace diversity and value the contribution of people from diverse backgrounds. In particular, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability.
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact our Recruitment Team on 02 6274 6161 or via email.
We are committed to the accessibility of our systems. If you find accessibility limitations in our systems, please email us and an alternative application format will be provided to you.