Commercial drone operators can now apply for noise approvals by completing our online form.
The recently updated Air Navigation (Aircraft Noise) Regulations 2018 makes it easier for you to apply for noise approvals to fly drones and be notified of any exemptions as early as possible, while meeting community expectations that noise is being managed effectively.
Our online form guides you to determine whether you:
- are exempt from requiring noise approval,
- can be granted automatic noise approval, or
- are required to provide a full application.
Drones that are for recreational use or fly within standard operating conditions, such as weighing 250 grams or less, are exempt from requiring noise approvals under the new rules.
A grace period for applicants is in effect until 1 July 2022.
Find out more:
- Learn more about drone rules
- Contact us with any questions