The way Australia manages spectrum was reviewed.
The review reported to the Minister in March 2015. The Spectrum Review Report outlines recommended changes to improve Australia’s spectrum policy and management framework.
The review looked at the policy and regulatory changes that are needed to cope with the increase in demand for spectrum and changes in technology, markets and consumer preferences.
In line with the Australian Government's deregulation agenda, the review sought to simplify the spectrum management framework. This will make it easier to administer, make it more accessible, and reduce compliance costs for users. The review suggested ways of reducing regulation and making non-legislative reforms where possible.
We ran the review with the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
Find out more:
- The Minister’s media release: Spectrum reform to drive future innovation and productivity
- The Minister and Parliamentary Secretary’s media release: Future directions for spectrum released
- The terms of reference for the review: PDF, 55.3 KB DOC, 71.5 KB
- The Spectrum Review Report
The review considered submissions to:
- the potential reform directions paper (November 2014)
- the issues paper (May 2014)
- the 2012–13 Spectrum Square website (now archived on Pandora)
- Email email@example.com with the subject 'SUBSCRIBE' for notifications about input opportunities and to keep up with the progress of the review.