Under the Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation, there are 2 approval pathways that allow vehicles to be entered on the Register of Approved Vehicles (RAV). The RAV is an online database of vehicles that have met the requirements of the RVS legislation and been approved for provision to the Australian market.
This guide explains what a vehicle type approval is, why you might need one and how to apply.
It includes information on:
- the eligibility criteria
- different application requirements for specific road vehicle types
- supporting documents that demonstrate control, and
- the approval process and time frame for deciding an application.
This guide also explains how to use results of testing to demonstrate compliance, the applicability of Australian Design Rules (ADRs) and the supporting information and documents you need to retain as a condition of your approval.
- Appendix 1—Information required in an application
- Appendix 2—Details expected in a quality management system
- Appendix 3—Expectations for the conditions applied to a vehicle type approval
- Appendix 4—ECE Regulations that have been applied