Policy position for Company certificate of registration or incorporation (or equivalent) in ROVER
When recording an Authority to Act in ROVER for an organisation, there is a requirement to upload a certificate of registration or incorporation (or equivalent) where the organisation does not have an ABN or ACN (i.e. many overseas companies).
The following outlines requirements for this certificate:
- Issued by a foreign government (recognised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade*) to the organisation.
- Is an original or electronic copy of the certificate.
- the issuing jurisdiction,
- the name of the organisation as entered on ROVER, and
- an identification reference number/alphanumeric.
- Is in English, has enough English to identify all of the above or is accompanied by a professional translation (an example is the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)) if the letter is in a language other than English.
- Can be obtained on request from the issuing jurisdiction.
- Has not been altered in any way.
* The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade publishes a list of recognised foreign governments on their website.