Policy position for Authority to Act in ROVER
As part of recording details for an organisation in ROVER there is a requirement to upload a letter authorising the ROVER user to represent the organisation. This is called an Authority to Act.
Functionality for Authority to Act within ROVER will be expanded after 1 July 2021 to allow for multiple tiers of authority.
Prior to that functionality, the Authority to Act is limited to one tier – the person is able to represent the organisation for any application or approval request, or for recalls, and are able to see any information pertaining to that organisation contained within ROVER.
Authority to Act: ROVER one tier
The following outlines requirements for this Authority to Act:
- Be a letter on letterhead of the approval holder and signed by a Key Management Personnel office holder.
- Is an original or electronic copy.
- signature, name, position and contact details of the person signing the letter,
- date, and
- wording that authorises the ROVER user to act on behalf of the organisation (note: the letter cannot restrict the scope of the approval in any way but it may include a cessation date).
- Is in English, has enough English to identify all of the above or is accompanied by a professional translation (an example is the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)) if the letter is in a language other than English.
- Has not been altered in any way.
Note: ROVER has functionality to enable an Authority to Act to be ceased from a point in time upon request.