ROVER integrates all applications and approvals under the new Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation.
This page includes links to useful information and how-to videos to help you create an account in ROVER and apply for an approval.
- Access the ROVER portal
- Creating a user account in ROVER
- ROVER identity verification checklist
- Authority to act in ROVER
- Guide to using ROVER to apply for an approval
- How to apply to opt-in to a vehicle type approval video
- Applying to be an authorised vehicle verifier (AVV) approval holder
- How to complete compliance information forms in ROVER PDF: 1473 KB
- How to demonstrate compliance with a relevant UN approval video
- How to add design and manufacturing facilities for a type approval video
- Applying for an interim SEVs vehicle through ROVER PDF: 582 KB
- Varying approvals guide for industry PDF: 848 KB
- Refuse to consider powers—a guide for industry PDF: 818 KB
- Multiple CTAs as evidence XLSX: 17 KB
Note: If you are using multiple different approved components for one ADR, you can use this template to upload additional information as a .pdf or .jpg document with the list of components that may be used. The template can be completed, or used as a guide to the information we expect in the upload. Please ensure the full component type approval number is entered including the separator (eg. CTA-060038).
- Unique identification numbers under recall CSV: 1 KB
- ADR 38/05 calculations template XLSX: 34 KB
Contact ROVER support
If you experience any issues with creating an account or signing in to ROVER, please email ROVERinfo@infrastructure.gov.au for assistance.
Contact the RVSA Implementation team
By Post: The Director
Program Support and Stakeholder Engagement
Vehicle Safety Standards Branch
Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
GPO Box 594
Canberra ACT 2601