New component type approvals guidance now available
Under the Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation, which is being implemented in a phased approach over the coming months, manufacturers and suppliers will soon be able to seek a component type approval for components used in the manufacture of a road vehicle, including an assembly.
It is anticipated that applications for component type approvals will open from late September 2020.
New guidance (a guide and a short overview) has been developed to provide a variety of detailed information about component type approvals, including:
- What is a road vehicle component?
- Who can apply for a component type approval?
- What IT system do I need to access?
- What information do I need to provide in my application?
- What if I had a Component Registration Number (CRN) and/or Sub-Assembly Registration Number (SARN) in the Road Vehicle Certification System (RVCS)?
You can view the new guidance here: RVS legislation guidance material and resources