COVID-19 and Vehicle Imports
The department has a robust continuity plan in place and has been ensuring our response measures are effective and provide minimal disruption to you and to the services we provide.
- We will continue to receive applications, undertake assessments and issue approvals via the:
- Road Vehicle Certification System (RVCS),
- Vehicle Imports System (VIS); and
- Registered Automotive Workshop system (RAWS)
- Having tested our ability to run these systems remotely we are confident we can continue to provide a similar level of service while working remotely.
- Remote working has impacted our call centre operations, and for quickest service we ask that you email your enquiries to the relevant area (see email links below), rather than make phone calls. Our client services team can assist you with your enquiry and will call you back if required.
- For Registered Automotive Workshop enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Specialist and Enthusiast Vehicle Scheme enquiries please email: email@example.com
- For Vehicle Certification enquiries please email: VCS.ROADS@infrastructure.gov.au
- For vehicle import enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For matters related to vehicle recalls, please email email@example.com
- We will also continue to monitor our other email inboxes that support your business as usual activities.
We thank you for your support and understanding as we work through these challenging times together. We will continue to maintain an open line of communication, and will provide timely updates if there are any material changes made to our working arrangements.