The Australian Government established the Joint Commonwealth and Tasmanian Economic Council (the Council) in 2013 as a key forum to drive reforms to boost Tasmania's economic prosperity. The Council is currently focused on the five key areas of energy, regional skills and jobs, innovation, education and infrastructure to deliver outcomes for Tasmanians.
The Terms of Reference for the Council are currently under review.
The Council agreed at its 20 April 2017 meeting to establish a new Business Members Group and a Chair and members have now been appointed (see below). The Council will continue to engage on priorities and actions with the Tasmanian business community through the Business Members Group.
Business Members Group members
- Mr Dale Elphinstone, Executive Chair, Elphinstone Group (Chair)
- Professor Janelle Allison; Principal, University College, University of Tasmania
- Mr Wayne Bould, CEO Tasmanian Minerals & Energy Council; MD Bonney Group
- Ms Lynn Mason, Deputy Chair, Primary Industries Education Foundation Australia
- Ms Alison Watkins, Group Managing Director, Coca-Cola Amatil
The Council will continue to engage on priorities and actions with the Tasmanian business community through the Business Members Group.
For media inquiries please contact the department’s media team: email@example.com.
Joint Commonwealth and Tasmanian Economic Council
Regional and Dams Policy Branch
Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities
GPO Box 594
CANBERRA ACT 2601