- Final designs for new CDU precinct unveiled in Darwin—27 August 2021
Final designs for Charles Darwin University’s (CDU) new Education and Community Precinct have been unveiled with final approvals now in place and construction set to start.
- Geelong City Deal delivering for the Victorian port city—27 August 2021
The second annual progress report for the $382.48 million Geelong City Deal has been released today, detailing the significant impact the 10-year plan is already having across the city.
- Western Sydney City Deal setting the foundations for a connected, sustainable city—20 August 2021
Progress on the $11 billion Western Sydney City Deal has continued to reach significant milestones, with the program helping to generate local jobs and deliver critical infrastructure that will enhance the sustainability and liveability of the region.
- Perth City Deal's WACA upgrade underway—19 August 2021
Work has commenced on the long-awaited upgrades to the iconic Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) Ground.
- ECU Perth City campus designs unveiled—15 August 2021
The first designs of the new state-of-the-art ECU City campus have been unveiled today, showcasing how the world-class university campus will reshape the Perth CBD and redefine higher education in Western Australia.
- Townsville City Deal continues to deliver—9 July 2021
The Morrison Government has today announced a $55 million investment in two key projects as part of the transformational Townsville City Deal. The investment will help revitalise two iconic organisations in North Queensland.
- Big Step Forward for State Square Art Gallery—22 June 2021
The Territory Labor Government has submitted a Development Application with the Development Consent Authority, seeking approval to construct the State Square Art Gallery.
- Edith Cowan University awards five major contracts in multi-million-dollar Perth City Deal milestone—9 June 2021
The Australian and Western Australian governments have today welcomed Edith Cowan University's (ECU) announcement that a consortium of leading local, national and international architects will design the $695 million ECU City Campus.
- Backing infrastructure and technology for a stronger Hobart—4 June 2021
The return of the Gutwein Government is good news for Tasmania - and good news for the Hobart City Deal. Signed in February 2019, the City Deal contains major commitments by all three levels of government to help develop this great city.
- Roe Street transformation to revitalise Perth CBD—1 June 2021
Work is now underway to revitalise one of Perth's oldest streets, Roe Street in Northbridge, as part of the $1.5 billion Perth City Deal plan.
- Redevelopment of Queenscliff Ferry Terminal in Victoria propelling forward—26 May 2021
The $15.9 million redevelopment of the Queenscliff Ferry Terminal is a step closer with the tender awarded to Kane Constructions Pty Ltd to construct the new building.
- Albury Wodonga Regional Deal on track to deliver—5 May 2021
Deal partners are working together whilst negotiations continue on the Albury Wodonga Regional Deal. An investment of $911,000 is being provided to Albury Wodonga to deliver the region’s tracks and trails project.
- Private sector investment fund opens on Shipwreck Coast, Victoria—29 April 2021
The Morrison Government, in partnership with the Andrews Government, is investing in public infrastructure projects that will boost private investment along the Shipwreck Coast through the $23.4 million Private Sector Business Enablement Fund.
- Proponents shortlisted for iconic new Swan River Causeway Bridge—28 April 2021
The new iconic bridge crossing the Swan River and connecting the Perth central business district to Victoria Park is a step closer with two consortia, each led by a local WA company, shortlisted to deliver the project. An Alliance contract is anticipated to be awarded in late 2021, with construction expected to commence in mid-2022.
- NZ service off to a flying start—22 April 2021
The Hobart International Airport has today welcomed its inaugural Auckland to Hobart direct flight, marking the first non-stop flight service from New Zealand in over 20 years.
- Excavation celebration – new CDU city campus reaches major milestone—16 April 2021
Charles Darwin University’s (CDU) new city campus has reached a significant milestone this week with the excavation for the main Education and Community Precinct building completed ahead of schedule.
- Playspace brings new joy to families at Wittunga Botanic Garden—14 April 2021
Families can now delight in an exciting new nature-themed playspace in Blackwood’s Wittunga Botanic Garden, which has officially opened.
- Concept designs released for new Heysen Gallery at Hahndorf—6 April 2021
A new gallery displaying works of acclaimed artist Sir Hans Heysen and his daughter Nora Heysen is one step closer today, after concept designs by the Adelaide-based studio of international architecture firm, Snøhetta, were released by the Hans Heysen Foundation.
- Rolling out Geelong’s Green Spine—1 April 2021
Geelong’s Green Spine is progressing, with construction underway on the northern side of Malop Street and a tender for the public engagement and design of later sections to be released next week.
- Discover Space and Future Jobs in Adelaide—31 March 202
Young Australians will be inspired to dream big and consider a space career, with the launch of the Australian Space Discovery Centre in Adelaide.
- One more step toward State Square revitalisation—29 March 2021
Work on revitalising the Darwin CBD and State Square continues to roll on with the design of the 90 Bay Carpark released today. The State Square overhaul is a critical part of the historic $200 million Darwin City Deal, delivered in partnership with the Australian Government and the City of Darwin.
- 400 jobs to be created as next milestone for state-of-the-art Entrepreneur and Innovation Centre is announced—18 March 2021
In the next milestone for South Australia’s landmark Entrepreneur and Innovation Centre (EIC), the Marshall Liberal Government has today announced that property private equity company Quintessential Equity will deliver the $400 million project.
- Cooling Darwin's CBD—13 March 2021
Through the Darwin City Deal the Northern Territory Government is looking at ways to reduce heat in Darwin’s CBD. Cooling and greening initiatives will be on display over the next month at the Activate Darwin Hub.
- New Hobart Airport Interchange project employing Tasmanians—5 March 2021
Construction is underway on the $46 million Tasman Highway Hobart Airport Interchange upgrade, making the intersection safer, reducing traffic congestion, and allowing for future increases in traffic.
- Geelong Future Economy Precinct nears finish line—17 February 2021
The Geelong Future Economy Precinct at Waurn Ponds is now a step closer to completion with the last remaining tender awarded to Keystone Civil to construct the Epworth Place extension.
- Larrakia Cultural Centre design awarded and staying local—3 February 2021
The Detailed Design contract for the Larrakia Cultural Centre (LCC) has been awarded to Northern Territory locals Rossi Architects in collaboration with Susan Dugdale and Associates.
- Concept designs released for Aboriginal Art and Cultures Centre—2 February 2021
New concept designs have today been released for the Aboriginal Art and Cultures Centre (AACC), to be built at Lot Fourteen.
- Expressions of interest now open to build iconic new Causeway Bridge—29 January 2021
Expressions of Interest for contractors to build the iconic new Causeway Pedestrian and Cyclist Bridge across the Swan River are now open.
- Darwin City Deal continues to revitalise city—25 January 2021
Launching the Annual Progress Report in Darwin today, Minister for Communications, Urban Infrastructure, Cities and the Arts, the Hon Paul Fletcher MP, said the report highlights how the City Deal is delivering jobs and boosting the economy at a critical period in the Territory’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
For earlier media releases, please visit Trove.