Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia; Quarterly Bulletin, January–March 2008
Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia is a quarterly bulletin presenting recent data on fatal road crashes involving heavy vehicles as well as historical comparisons. It is produced using data supplied by the eight states and territories.
- During the 12 months to the end of March 2008, 294 people died from 251
crashes involving heavy trucks or buses. These included:
- 183 deaths from 148 crashes involving articulated trucks
- 92 deaths from 85 crashes involving heavy rigid trucks
- 27 deaths from 26 crashes involving buses.
- Fatal crashes involving articulated
- increased by 4.2 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- increased by an average of 5.5 per cent per year over the three years to March 2008.
- Fatal crashes involving heavy rigid trucks:
- increased by 19.7 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- increased by an average of 0.1 per cent per year over the three years to March 2008.
Download Complete Document: FHVCA_Q1_08 [PDF: 68 KB]
Type: Statistical Data Series
Topics: Fatality, Heavy vehicle, Injury
Publication Date: 03/10/08