Find reports released by the Australian Broadband Advisory Council (the Council) on this page.
Health Expert Working Group report
In January 2022, the Council released its report into connectivity for the health sector. The report was developed by the Council's Health Expert Working Group (the Working Group), which was led by Adjunct Associate Professor Christine Giles, Strategic Health Advisor and Mr Luke Baxby Partner and National Healthcare Leader, Deloitte.
The Working Group examined the Australian digital health landscape along 3 lines of enquiry:
- connectivity and co-investment
- innovation in digital enabled health services
- ensuring digital ready consumers and health workforce.
The report provides recommendations to inform broader government priorities and assist policy makers to increase quality of care by:
- integrating digital health within the current health ecosystem
- improving patient engagement with the health care system
- extending the reach of the health care system to regional/rural areas as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- improving digital skills for patients and health professionals.
Download and read the Health Expert Working Group report.
AgriTech Expert Working Group report
In September 2021, the Council released its report into connectivity for the agri-tech sector, with the report set to help policy makers get the right settings in place for a digitally connected agriculture industry to thrive. The report was developed by the Council's Agri-tech Expert Working Group, established in 2020 to consider how connectivity can support productivity and encourage greater adoption of digital technologies across the sector by reducing barriers and encouraging uptake.
The main finding of the report is that across the country, beneath the broad brush strokes of mobile coverage and NBN fixed and wireless networks, there are localised connectivity gaps on, across and between farms. Its puts forward some proposed actions for supporting further take up of connectivity and digital technology across the sector, not just for farmers but also for regional and rural communities.
Riding the Digital Wave: Report on COVID-19 Trends and Forward Work Program
Published 7 December 2020
The Council is proud to release its first report, Riding the Digital Wave: Report on COVID-19 trends. The report sets out the Council's methodology for analysing digital connectivity and adoption across key sectors of the economy, and priorities for its initial program of work, including supporting economic recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
The report shows that COVID-19 dramatically accelerated:
- the move of businesses and consumers from offline to online
- remote working and the use of online collaboration tools
- a shift from face to face to online learning
- a shift to digital service delivery models.