The State of Australian Cities 2010 report was published in March 2010. It draws together existing data and information across a range of economic, social and environmental parameters to provide a national snapshot of the seventeen Australian cities with populations over 100,000 at the date of the 2006 Census. Since then Albury-Wodonga has reached a population over 100,000, increasing the number of Australian major cities to eighteen.
The report highlights emerging trends and issues to promote discussion and debate on managing growth and change in our major urban centres.
State of Australian Cities 2010
- Full Report PDF: 10136 KB
- Contents PDF: 462 KB
- Executive Summary PDF: 94 KB
- Chapter 1: Introduction PDF: 152 KB
- Chapter 2: Australian cities in an international context PDF: 436 KB
- Chapter 3: Population and settlement PDF: 962 KB
- Chapter 4: Productivity of Australian cities PDF: 532 KB
- Chapter 5: The sustainability of Australian cities PDF: 702 KB
- Chapter 6: Liveability of Australian cities PDF: 1675 KB
- Chapter 7: Social inclusion and equity PDF: 241 KB
- Chapter 8: Governance PDF: 199 KB
- Appendix A: Major city relative share of Australia's sociodemographic profile PDF: 80 KB
- Appendix B: Local government in Australia's major cities PDF: 5677 KB