TFES Conversion Factors information paper
This information paper is made under subclause 8.3.1 of the Ministerial Directions for the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme (TFES).
The TFES Ministerial Directions provide that where a claimant’s freight invoice includes transport units of a different size to a TEU (twenty-foot equivalent unit) and/or represents less than a Full Container Load (FCL), the invoice is adjusted by converting the transport unit to a TEU equivalent size and/or a FCL basis. This information paper sets out the conversion factors for commonly claimed goods.
Note: The list in this Schedule is not exhaustive. If you have any queries regarding this list, contact Tasmanian Transport Schemes, Services Australia.
- 1 pallet = 0.020 tonnes
- 1 pallet = 0.2m3
Stowage factor rates
- High density freight – with a stowage factor of 1.1m3 or less per tonne – *assistance is paid on tonnes.
- Non-high density freight – with a stowage factor greater than 1.1m3 and less than or equal to 1.428m3 per tonne – assistance is paid on tonnes.
- Non-high density freight – with a stowage factor greater than 1.428m3 per tonne – assistance is paid on cubic metres.
- 1 bale = 0.7m3
- Yearlings = Cattle (adult)
- Steers & heifers= Cattle (adult)
- Vealers = Calves
- Bulls = Cattle (stud)
- Bullocks = Cattle (stud)
- Cattle less than 12 months old = Calves
- Horses less than 6 months old = Foals
|Description||No. of standard head of livestock per 6.1 m (20’) transport unit||No. of standard head of livestock per 12.2m (40’) transport unit|
No. of TEUs = total number of livestock shipped divided by number of standard head of livestock per transport unit.
For example: 1 horse shipped divided by 7 = 0.142 of a TEU.