To meet demand for specialist and enthusiast road vehicles more effectively, the Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) legislation has updated eligibility criteria for entry on the Specialist and Enthusiast Vehicles Register (SEVs Register).
This guide includes information on:
- who can apply to enter a road vehicle on the SEVs Register
- how to apply
- the application and assessment process
- the eligibility criteria, and
- the supporting material required.
One section is devoted to defining ‘genuine availability’ to Australian consumers, an important eligibility requirement.
The appendices cover:
- significant differences to distinguish variants of a vehicle make’s model, and
- road vehicle categories.
- Guide to specialist and enthusiast vehicles PDF: 1376 KB
Published July 2022