Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities
Table 1.1: Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities resource statement—Budget estimates for 2019–20 as at Budget April 2019
|Annual appropriations—ordinary annual services (b)|
|Prior year appropriations available (c)||112,771||133,988|
|Departmental appropriation (b)||203,405||207,743|
|s74 external revenue (d)||7,853||4,870|
|Departmental capital budget (e)||7,966||3,810|
|Total departmental annual appropriations||331,995||350,411|
|Total departmental resourcing||331,995||350,411|
|Annual appropriations—ordinary annual services (b)|
|Prior year appropriations available (c)||79,625||35,598|
|Outcome 1 (c)||139,137||193,206|
|Outcome 2 (c)||398,778||346,051|
|Outcome 3 (c)||1,025,955||1,259,198|
|Outcome 4 (c)||140,743||186,102|
|Administered capital budget (f)||15,492||15,471|
|Payments to corporate entities (g)||136,531||143,186|
|Annual appropriations—other services—non-operating (h)|
|Prior year appropriations available (c)||255,167||5,971|
|Administered assets and liabilities (h)||2,050,124||1,640,340|
|Annual appropriations—other services—specific payments to States, ACT, NT and local government (h)|
|Prior year appropriations available (c)||7,716||-|
|Outcome 1 (i)||364,516||499,613|
|Outcome 3 (j)||105,500||15,000|
|Total administered annual appropriations||4,719,284||4,339,736|
|Total administered special appropriations (k)||2,753,892||1,531,964|
|Special accounts (k) (l)|
|Total special accounts receipts||54,482||28,265|
|Less administered appropriations drawn from annual/special appropriations and credited to special accounts||(17,002)||-|
|Less payments to corporate entities from annual/special appropriations||(384,706)||(398,770)|
|Total administered resourcing||7,125,950||5,501,195|
|Average staffing level (number)||894||890|
Prepared on a resourcing (i.e. appropriations available) basis. All figures shown are GST exclusive—these may not match figures in the cash flow statement.
- Annual appropriation amounts appearing for 2018–19 do not include Appropriation Bills (No. 3) and (No. 4) 2018–2019, as they had not been enacted at the time of publication.
- Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2019–20.
- Excludes amounts subject to quarantine by the Department of Finance or withheld under section 51 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
- Estimated external revenue receipts under section 74 of the PGPA Act.
- Departmental capital budgets are not separately identified in Appropriation Bill (No. 1) and form part of ordinary annual services items. Please refer to Table 3.5 for further details. For accounting purposes, this amount has been designated as a ‘contribution by owner’.
- Administered capital budgets are not separately identified in Appropriation Bill (No. 1) and form part of ordinary annual services items. Please refer to Table 3.10 for further details. For accounting purposes, this amount is designated as a ‘contribution by owner’.
- ‘Corporate entities’ are corporate Commonwealth entities and Commonwealth companies as defined under the PGPA Act.
- Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2019–20.
- Relates to appropriations sought for payment to the States, ACT, NT and local governments in Appropriation Bill No.2 2019–20. Outcome 1—Program 1.1: Infrastructure Investment includes the Roads to Recovery programme under the Roads to Recovery Funding Conditions 2014 with payments of: $8.0m (ACT); $139.3m (NSW); $14.5m (NT); $101.7m (QLD); $44.9m (SA); $16.3m (TAS); $101.7m (VIC); and $73.1m (WA). Information on the terms and conditions can be found in the determination, Roads to Recovery Funding Conditions 2014 at investment.infrastructure.gov.au/files/roads_to_recovery_funding_conditions/R2R_Funding_Conditions_2014_2019.pdf. Terms and conditions are determined/made under authority from section 90(1) of the National Land Transport Act 2014.
- Relates to appropriations sought for payment to the States, ACT, NT and local governments in Appropriation Bill No.2 2019–20. Outcome 3—Program 3.1: Regional Development includes the Drought Communities Programme with payments of: $7.0m (NSW); $5.0m (SA); $2.0m (TAS); and $1.0m (VIC). Information on the terms and conditions can be found in regional.gov.au/regional/programs/drought-communities.aspx. Terms and conditions are determined/made under authority from Financial Management and Accountability Regulations 1997 in Schedule 1AA.
- For further information on special appropriations and special accounts, please refer to Budget Paper No. 4—Agency Resourcing. Please also see Section 2 for further information on outcome and expenses broken down by various funding sources, for example, annual appropriations, special appropriations and special accounts.
- Excludes trust moneys held in Services for Other Entities and Trust Moneys (SOETM) and other special accounts.
Third party payments from and on behalf of other entities
|Receipts received from other entities for the provision of services (disclosed above in s74 external revenue receipts section above)|
|Payments made by other entities on behalf of the Department (disclosed above within administered appropriations)|
|Department of Human Services (a)||222,392||224,536|
|Payments made to corporate entities within the portfolio|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1)||77,605||81,919|
|Australian Maritime Safety Authority Act 1990—s48(2)||123,783||125,880|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1)||43,936||46,172|
|Aviation Fuel Revenues (Special Appropriation) Act 1988—s4(4)||124,392||129,704|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1)||11,514||11,560|
|Appropriation Bill (No. 1)||3,476||3,535|
- Payments relate to the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme and Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme administered items.