This document may not meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements. For accessible copies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our consultation process
- Decision makers in Australia's regions were able to respond to our survey and consultation paper for six weeks between 24 May and 2 July 2021.
- Decision makers were asked: 'What data do you want?' 'How do you want to access it?' 'How can we facilitate sharing?'
- 124 responses (107 surveys and 17 submissions) were received from key sectors and jurisdictions.
- Accessible data in a 'one‐stop shop' that informs the evidence base on priorities for Australia's regions.
Identified data issues and 'pain points'
- Data is hard to find/access.
- Data is not at sufficient granularity—many respondents identified LGAs as the preferred geography.
Reported barriers to sharing data
- Privacy and confidentiality provisions.
- Staff resourcing.
Required tools to support data needs
- Direct download.
- Interactive mapping.
- Report generators.