The Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications administers passenger caps applying to arrivals into Australian airports.
These caps are based on advice about state and territory hotel quarantine and related resourcing capacity.
The following international passenger arrival caps are currently in place:
- Adelaide: No more than 265 arrivals per week.
- Brisbane: No more than 500 arrivals per week (plus additional surge capacity of 150 passengers per week).
- Melbourne: No more than 500 arrivals per week.
- Perth: No more than 265 arrivals per week.
- Sydney: No more than 756 arrivals per week (108 per day).
The restoration of previous international passenger arrival caps has been aligned with targeted vaccination rates for the eligible population in Australia, consistent with the National Plan to transition Australia’s National COVID-19 response.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1300 732 749