- Current Infrastructure Vacancies
- About the Department
- How to Apply
- How We Recruit
- Graduate Development Program
- Entry Level Programs
- Diversity Programs and Initiatives
The Department is responsible for the design and implementation of the Australian Government's infrastructure, transport and regional development policies and programs, and is the lead agency for communications and the arts. We are at the forefront of the Australian Government’s efforts to connect our communities, secure the nation’s economic future, improve living standards, provide access to high quality communication services and ensure all Australians can enjoy diverse artistic and cultural experiences.
We do this by:
- Building stronger communities through major infrastructure planning, investment advice and delivery, and strategic development of policies and programs.
- Supporting a thriving aviation industry, connecting even our most remote residents with the rest of the country and the world.
- Making sure that all transport users benefit from a safe and secure transport system.
- Managing some of Australia’s most significant infrastructure projects which affect the wider community, including regulating airports, implementing the Smart Cities Plan and the development of the Western Sydney Airport and the delivery of Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail.
- Enabling all Australians to connect to effective communications services and technologies, including through the rollout of the National Broadband Network and the Mobile Black Spot Program.
- Supporting inclusiveness and growth in Australia’s creative sector, and protecting and promoting Australian content and culture.
We seek people with a wide variety of skills and competencies, and look for applicants who demonstrate they will strive to support the behaviours we seek to foster in our workforce. We are an inclusive employer and promote, value and support diversity among our employees with the aim of ensuring our workforce reflects, respects and benefits from diverse communities including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, carers, LGBTQI+ and people with disability.
Simply click Current Vacancies above to view and apply for employment opportunities with the department.
Our How To Apply page will provide you with information and advice on how to apply for positions in the department.
General information on applying for an APS position can be found on the Australian Public Service Commission's website APSJobs, which includes the very useful “Cracking the Code”.
The department strongly supports workplace diversity and values the contribution of people from diverse backgrounds. In particular, applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability.
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact our Recruitment Team on 02 6274 6161 or via email to email@example.com
The department is committed to the accessibility of our systems. If you find accessibility limitations in our systems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and an alternative application format will be provided to you.