Applications to apply directly with the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications will be open from 9 March 2021 and close 27 April 2021.
Click here to apply now!
In 2021, we are also a participating agency in the following Graduate opportunities:
Australian Government Graduate Program (AGGP)
Applying through the Australian Government Graduate Program (AGGP) means you will also be considered for a range of other Australian Government agencies, including ours. In 2021 we are participating in the following Graduate Streams:
For more information on application opening and close dates and how to apply, head to the APSJobs Graduate Portal.
Indigenous Graduate Pathway Program
As an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will be able to complete one application and be considered for multiple Agencies and Departments within the Australian Public Service (APS).
Whether you start your career with us, or somewhere else in the APS, you will do meaningful work from day one.
Applications to apply through the Indigenous Graduate Pathway Program are now open and close on 23 April 2021.
Apply and find out more here.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for graduates that are innovative, curious and future-focused, with a desire to learn and to help shape Australia's infrastructure, transport, regional development, communications and creative industries.
To be eligible for a position on the department’s Graduate Development Program you must submit a completed application form prior to the closing date and time, and provide evidence or confirmation of the following:
- Be an Australian citizen by January 2022 (you may be asked to provide evidence of this);
- Have completed (at least) an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor Degree), equivalent, or higher equivalent by January 2022;
- Have completed the most recent degree no more than 5 years from the date of the application being submitted;
- Have received a credit rating average;
- Be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted into a graduate program;
- Be willing to undergo any police, character, health or other checks as required; and
- Be willing to relocate to Canberra.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the assessment process please note this in your application and we will contact you to discuss any additional support that will assist you throughout the assessment process.
Successful graduates explore opportunities and exemplify drive and adaptability. They are responsive and comfortable with change. Graduates want to be challenged in a flexible and fast-paced environment. But above all else, graduates have a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
We are looking for graduates who aren"t afraid to do things differently and create an impact—those who are bold enough to take the lead.
Come chat with us!
|Australian Government Fair||Monday 15 March 10:30am-2:00pm|
|Applications Open||9 March 2021|
|Application Close||27 April 2021|
|Virtual Assessment Centres||July/August 2021|
|Process finalised—offers made||September 2021|
|Program commencement||February 2022|