Our work touches every Australian community and underpins our economy and society. Our focus is on connecting Australians, enriching communities, and empowering our regions. We do this by providing policy advice to government, and delivering programs, services, and research for the benefit of all Australians.
We are responsible for the design and delivery of the Australian Government’s infrastructure, transport, regional development, communications and arts policies and programs.
Our priorities are:
- Supporting an efficient, sustainable, safe and accessible transport system.
- Improving living standards and facilitating economic growth in cities and regions across Australia.
- Providing governance frameworks and services in the territories.
- Enabling all Australians to connect to modern and reliable communications services and technologies.
- Supporting sustainable and inclusive creative and cultural sectors, and protecting and promoting Australian content and culture.